Professional Child and Adult Clinical Psychologists in Ealing and Chiswick, West London.
Dr Pinder Kaur – Clinical Psychologist
As the lead Psychologist for West London Therapists in Ealing I have a vision of wanting to help people in a truly tailored way to their unique style and individual situation. I am passionate about the potential a psychological perspective can do to empower and help people. I believe in working collaboratively to help make meaningful changes that matter to you.
To summarise my experience and a little bit more about me:
I am a HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist (PYL28505) and a member of the British Psychological Society (179313).
- I have worked in the NHS over 13 years
- I have been a qualified registered UK Clinical Psychologist for over six years
- My training is across the life-span which means I can work with pre-birth to older adults but have over time specialised in parenting based work and work with parents/adults
- Am a published Psychologist in peer reviewed journals on subjects relating to parent and child perspectives on their therapy experience and outcomes, group work in adults and narrative group work with young people
- I have had further training to specialise and be qualified to offer parenting based work; including video interaction guidance, parent child game, incredible years parenting programme, Triple P parenting programme and deliver these to a high quality.
- I also work as an expert witness in family courts, assessing the emotional health or parents, carers and young people
- I am a visiting Lecturer at Royal Holloway, University of London delivering lectures on the following topics; Introduction to Child services, Child Development and Parenting based interventions.
- I use therapeutic approaches that work with the individual however my style is friendly, compassionate and encouraging
- My approach: I draw upon a number of models to understand and help difficulties, my training and experience allow me to apply this as appropriate to each individuals needs. I favour relational thinking, drawing upon attachment, systemic and narrative approaches. I also use cognitive behavioural therapy based ideas, third wave therapies in particular such as compassion and acceptance and commitment approaches.